Load SL (Typ 601) 4K videos to Avid Media Composer
The Leica SL (Typ 601) is a strong performer, offering 4K video, a full-frame 24-megapixel image sensor, fast, accurate autofocus, and superb build quality. It offers UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 30 or 25 fps in Super35 and Full HD (1920 x 1080) and standard HD (1280 x 720) at up to an impressive 120 fps in full-frame mode for slow motion. Have pre-ordered one for days and just curious if people have been able to work with Leica SL (Typ 601) 4K videos in Avid Media Composer natively yet?
SL (Typ 601) 4K camera can build 4K videos in MP4 and MOV wrapper. A common solution to import SL (Typ 601) 4K files to Avid is to AMA in the footage- but it won’t be 4K. Largest project you can have is 1080p. I have tried my best to make it, frustratingly, no luck.
Actually, most editing programs like Avid Media Composer still use 1080p as primary delivery format and will continue to do so for a long time. An alternative and decent solution is to use a third-party video app to convert SL (Typ 601) 4K clips to Avid Media Composer native format before editing. iFastime Video Converter Ultimate for Mac is what most guys recommend. (Read review)
With it, you can transcode SL (Typ 601) 4K videos to Avid Media Composer 5/6/7 without any quality loss. It comes with hundreds of output format presets for 4K videos, such as Apple ProRes 422, Apple ProRes 4444 for Final Cut Pro, AIC MOV for iMovie for better editing on Mac. This Ultra HD Video Converter is also available to customize the output resolutions to any size the users want. The following guide tells you how to convert Leica SL (Typ 601) 4K MP4/MOV for use in Avid Media Composer editable file in detail.
Free Download or Purchase iFastime Video Converter Ultimate for Mac:
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/iFastime-Video-Converter-Ultimate/3000-2194_4-76448683.html
- Top 4 Download: http://www.top4download.com/ifastime-video-converter-ultimate-for-mac/hekvsosm.html
- WinSite Download: http://www.winsite.com/Multimedia/Video/IFastime-Video-Converter-Ultimate-for-Mac/
- Softonic Download: http://ifastime-video-converter-ultimate-for-mac.en.softonic.com/mac
Note: Have issues when installing the app on Mac OS X El Capitan? Read the solution here.
Transcode SL (Typ 601) 4K videos to Avid Media Composer 5/6/7
1. Launch the 4K file converter and click “Add video” button to import Leica SL (Typ 601) 4K clips to the program for converting.
2. Click the “Format” to select output format. Choose “Avid Media Composer > Avid DNxHD (*.mov)” as the output format.
Tip: Click the Settings button; you can recommended to set the video size, bit rate, fame rate, etc. Here you are recommended to set the video size as 1920*1080 for Avid Media Composer, as it can’t support raw 4K video well.
3. Hit “Start conversion” button to start the 4K video conversion; it will convert Leica SL (Typ 601) 4K MP4/MOV to Avid Media Composer friendly format on Mac OS X El Capitan immediately.
After the conversion, you can begin importing and editing the converted 4K videos in Avid Media Composer 5/6/7 smoothly.
- Best Way to Bring MP4 into Final Cut Pro
- Tips for Importing Halloween Videos for Editing on Mac
- Fix 4K H.265 and Ultra HDTV Playback Issues
- View 4K files on NVIDIA SHIELD Android TV via Plex
- Tricks for streaming 4K H.265 to Amazon Fire TV (2)
- How to Rip and Stream DVD to LG 4K Ultra HD TV