Adobe Premiere Elements software helps you edit video using smart, automated options, enhance your movies with pro-quality effects, and then share on virtually any screen. Live in the moment knowing that you can easily turn your everyday videos into memorable home movies. Version 14 of Adobe’s Premiere Elements, adds camera shake removal, haze removal, and support for 4K video, as well as other improvements.
However, sometimes, you will find that you’re prompted an error message on your screen saying that the 4K video files is unsupported when you tried to move, import or load the 4K file (MXF/MOV/MP4/XAVC/H.265) into Adobe Premiere Elements. So what’s the matter?
If you are currently using an older version of the Adobe (for instance prior to Adobe version 10), maybe an upgrade of the Adobe version could help. Still stuck with unsuccessful attempts? Perhaps there is some required codec missing or it is an incompatible video file format.
Read Adobe Premiere Elements supported format
Video Input Formats
AVCHD(MTS), MPEG, MPEG-4, AVI
Audio Input Formats
To edit 4K videos in Premiere Elements, you will need to convert 4K to a more editing-friendly format like MPEG-2. To finish the task, just use Pavtube Video Converter for Mac . The program works as the best Mac 4K Video Converter. It helps you fast transcode 4K MXF/MOV/MP4/XAVC/H.265 footage to Premiere Elements preferred MPEG-2 with fast encoding speed and without quality loss. What’s more, it’s the optimal tool for transcoding 4K from Sony, Canon, Panasonic, etc camera or camcorder videos to kinds of NLE programs Avid Media Composer, Final Cut Pro, iMovie, FCE and more.
For Widnows user, please turn to Pavtube Video Converter. Just download it and follow the simple guide to achieve your goal.
– Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/video-converter-mac/
– Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76179460.html
– Top4download.com: http://www.top4download.com/pavtube-video-converter-for-mac/iujpttsg.html
Guide: Converting 4K footage for Premiere Elements
1. Add 4K video files > Install and launch the 4K Video Converter and load source 4K video clips to it.
2. Choose output format > To edit 4K video in Premiere Elements smoothly, you need to choose a proper video format. Click “Format” menu firstly and then follow “Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas” to set MPEG-2 format.
3. Video, Audio Settings > If the default settings do not fit you requirement, you can click “Settings” icon to and enter “Profile Settings” panel to adjust video size, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channels. For 4K 4K videos, you’d better downscale 4K to 1080p as it’s easier for editing in Premiere Elements. For those who wanna 4K resolution, this video app can support keeping original 4K.
4. Start 4K to Premiere Elements Conversion > Click “Start conversion” button to start encoding 4K video to for importing to Premiere Elements immediately. After the conversion, click “Open” button to get the exported files and then import the converted 4K video into Premiere Elements 14/13/12/11/10 to do further editing without any problems.
If you want to edit 4K video in Final Cut Pro X or FCP 7/6, you just need to choose the “Final Cut Pro > Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)” as output format in the second step; For Avid Media Composer, choose “Avid Media Composer > Avid DNxHD(*.mov)” as output; For Adobe Premiere Pro, choose Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas> MPEG-2(*.mpg) as output; For iMovie, set iMovie and Final Cut Express > Apple InterMediate Codec(*.mov) as output format. All these presets can ensure smooth editing with your 4K, 1080p, 720p video clips.