How to Import Sony A7S II XAVC-S 4K to Premiere Pro CC?
Sony has announced the mirrorless full-frame Alpha 7s II camera that takes its predecessor, the existing Alpha 7s, to the next level. The Alpha 7s II, or simply the A7s II, is capable of recording 4K videos internally (3,840 x 2,160) at 24 or 30fps in the XAVC S format. To be able to import and edit A7s II 4K footage in Premiere Pro CC flawlessly, we would recommend transcoding the A7s II XAVC-S footage to Premiere Pro CC preferred Apple InterMediate Codec first. This requires third party software.
According to our own testing and some users experience, the most compatible editing format for Premiere Pro CC is MPEG-2 format. There are many converters on the market enables you to done the conversion from XAVC S to MPEG-2, but there are still some complex output profile parameters for you to manually setup. Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac is a professional video covnerter which can convert Sony A7S II 4K XAVC S to Adobe Premiere CC optimized format with default parameters. Besides Premiere Pro CC, the program also can convert Sony A7S II XAVC-S 4K to iMovie, FCP, and more NLEs.
Free download the top video converter for Mac:
How to Convert Sony A7S II XAVC-S 4K to Premiere Pro CC for editing?
Step 1. After downloading, install and run this Mac Sony A7S II XAVC-S 4K to Premiere Pro Converter, just import the MP4 files to the software for converting.
Step 2. Click “Format” bar to choose the output format. Click and choose “Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas” > “MEPG-2(*.mpg)”. The setting seamlessly fits Premiere Pro CC.
Step 3. Finally, hit the “Convert” button at the bottom right corner and the conversion from Sony A7S II XAVC-S 4K to Adobe Premiere Pro CC will begin immediately on your Mac.
- How to Import Canon EOS 5D Mark IV 4K Videos to Sony Vegas Pro/Movie Studio?
- Canon XC15 4K & FCP X – Edit Canon XC15 4K Footage with FCP X
- Change Canon EOS 80D HD videos to FCP X friendly Apple ProRres
- GoPro Hero 5 4K to FCP X – Importing GoPro Hero 5 4K footages to FCP X
- Cannot Import iPhone 7 4K video to Sony Vegas Pro? – Solved!
- Load DJI Osmo 4K video to PowerDirector without any problems
- Load Sony DSC-RX100 V 4K XAVC S video to Final Cut Pro on Mac
- Edit Sony Alpha a99 II 4K recordings with FCP on macOS Sierra
- Importing 4K XAVC footages from cameras to PowerDirector smoothly