2016 Best 4K Video Editing Software for Windows and Mac
It’s the first law of 4K movie-making or video-making: no matter how expensive your camera, or how skilled you are at using it, your raw footage will always be rubbish. And so, if you’re looking to add a little professional polish, then installing a video editor will be essential. Commercial video editors can be very expensive, of course, but you may not have to go that far. Whether you want to trim your clips down to size, add a soundtrack or captions, apply transitions or special effects, there are some great free 2016 4K video editing tools which can help – and these are the very best around.
Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate
Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate is an easy-to-use and feature rich editing tool for Windows and Mac. You’d better to get a commercial video editing application. It is such a great video editor that helps you to edit all regular video formats to share with the worldwide.
Supported platforms: Mac (El Capitan included), Windows (Windows 10 supported)
- Trim: You can use the “Trim” function to remove the unwanted segments by deciding where to start and where to end when converting the selected clip.
- Crop: With the “Crop” function, you can remove the black edges around the image.
- Effect: From effect drop-down option, you can select special effects like: Simple Gauss Blur, Flip Color, Invert, Aged Film to apply to your source video. In Color Control section, you can change color by adjusting brightness, contrast, saturation. You can also check “Deinterlacing” to keep good image quality.
- Audio Editor: You can remove the original audio from video or replace the original video with another audio, you can also set audio fade in or fade out effects.
- Subtitle: Check “Enable”, you can add *.srt or *.ass/*.ssa subtitle files to the video as hard subtitles.
More powerful features:
- Compress a 200+GB 4K movie to MPEG-4, MP4, WMV and FLV that output smaller video size.
- Scale 4K to 1080p full HD resolution to get smaller size and make it good at playing on mobiles, covering iPhone 6S, iPad Pro, iPad Mini 4, Samsung Galaxy Note 5/S6 edge, etc.
- Upscale 1080p to 4K for other usages.
Cyberlink PowerDirector 14 Ultimate
This consumer-focused video editing software – PowerDirector now supports editing 4K Ultra HD, H.265/HEVC, AVCHD 3D/Progressive. So whether you’re producing a TV show in 4k or a simple YouTube 4k video, PowerDirector is the station where you will be satisfied. PowerDirector makes it easy to fix lighting and color and to stabilize your video. The stabilization tool gives you the ability to fix rotational camera shake. There’s also an enhanced-stabilization mode, which taxes your PC more. I am disappointed that the effect doesn’t let you know when it’s done, and preview playback occasionally halted, but the final result was excellent. The tool also lets you adjust the crop factor that stabilization introduces.The trim tool allows precise control (down to the individual frame) with two sliders, and the multi-trim tool lets you mark several In and Out points on your clip—a useful tool for cutting out the chaff.
Supported platforms: Microsoft Windows 8/8.1, 7, Vista (SP2)
Final Cut Pro X
Built to meet the needs of today’s creative editors, Final Cut Pro breaks free from the restrictions of old-fashioned timeline tracks. A dynamic editing interface lets you experiment freely while working with extraordinary speed and precision. This 4K video editing software supports a wide range of formats, say 3GP, AVI, MP4, MXF, QuickTime, etc. Now up to version 10.2.2, it is used by both professionals and amateurs, along with other filmemakers. The video editor supports 4k videos and movies, including the hot Jurassic World.
With a visual simplicity that reveals powerful professional tools just when you need them, the Magnetic Timeline in Final Cut Pro offers an exceptionally fluid, flexible way to edit. Assemble shots with ease as clips “magnetically” close up to eliminate unwanted black gaps in the timeline. Similarly, clips move out of the way to avoid clip collisions and sync problems. If you prefer to work with traditional, non-rippling editing behaviors, you can use the Position tool to build your timeline. Interactive animations show you exactly what’s happening as you work, so you can easily try out new ideas. But not all Mac users can use the Mac video editor. Only users of Macbook Pro with Tunderbolt 2 and new Mac Pro can edit video in 4K resolution.
Above editing softwares are the best three 4k video editor softwares in 2016. Certainly, they’re not suitable for those budget conscious people because of their a bit higher price tags, but you’ll get what you’re paying for. High-end features and experiences are usually bound to high-end prices. Just choose your best one, enjoy.
- How to Import Canon EOS 5D Mark IV 4K Videos to Sony Vegas Pro/Movie Studio?
- Canon XC15 4K & FCP X – Edit Canon XC15 4K Footage with FCP X
- Change Canon EOS 80D HD videos to FCP X friendly Apple ProRres
- GoPro Hero 5 4K to FCP X – Importing GoPro Hero 5 4K footages to FCP X
- Cannot Import iPhone 7 4K video to Sony Vegas Pro? – Solved!
- Load DJI Osmo 4K video to PowerDirector without any problems
- Load Sony DSC-RX100 V 4K XAVC S video to Final Cut Pro on Mac
- Edit Sony Alpha a99 II 4K recordings with FCP on macOS Sierra
- Importing 4K XAVC footages from cameras to PowerDirector smoothly