Canon XC15 4K & FCP X – Edit Canon XC15 4K Footage with FCP X
Thanks to its high-sensitivity one-inch CMOS sensor and DIGIC DV 5 image processing platform with high calculation-processing power, the new Canon XC15 is capable of capturing high-image quality and low-noise 4K UHD video. While, as far as I know, some Canon XC15 users have difficulties importing Canon XC15 4K Footage into FCP X for editing. How to get Canon XC15 4K Footage to FCP X smoothly for editing on Mac? Continue to learn how to get that done.
Until now, FCP X still is the popular movie editing software for Mac user. However, its supported video formats and resolution are limited. How if you want to edit Canon XC15 4K footage in FCP X? It’s used to be a headache. Luckily, now with this Canon XC15 video converter – Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac, all issues can be fixed without any hassles. With it, you can easily turn your Canon XC15 4K Footage into FCP X format on Mac for nice importing and editing.
Features of the 4K to FCP X Video Converter:
* Convert Canon XC15 4K recording to FCP X best editable format – Apple ProRes MOV with high quality on Mac
* Convert Canon XC15 4K video to FCP X, Premiere Pro, iMovie, Avid Media Composer, DaVinci Resolve, Apple Aperture 3 etc supported editing-formats.
* Downsacle Canon XC15 4K to 1080p or 720p for more usages.
* Adjust Canon XC15 4K video parameters like bitrate, channels, frame rate, etc, such as to set higher bitrate to get much better image quality. In general, the higher video bit rate, the larger output file size, and vice versa.
* Edit your Canon XC15 4K videos by trimming (get/cut off video clips), cropping (remove unwanted areas), adding text/image/video watermarks, inserting subtitles, adding special effects, etc.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/hd-video-converter-mac/
- AppStore Download: https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/pavtube-hd-video-converter/id502792488?mt=12
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-HD-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177786.html
How to Change Canon XC15 4K Footage into FCP X formats for smooth editing?
Step 1. Load XC15 4K footage
Launch the program and click “Add ” button to import the Canon XC15 MXF files to the top 4K to ProRes Converter Mac. Batch conversion is supported.
Step 2. Specify output format
Click on the “Format” bar and get the dropdown menu, then move your pointer to choose “Final Cut Pro> Apple PreRes 422” as the output format.
Actually, different Apple ProRes codec corresponds to different needs:
Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) – Higher quality than Apple ProRes 422 (LT);
Apple ProRes 422 – Keep original video quality for editing in FCP;
Apple ProRes 422 (LT) – Get a smaller file sizes than Apple ProRes 422;
Apple ProRes 422 (Proxy) – SD levels – 480i/p and 576i/p. Used in offline workflows.
Apple ProRes 4444 – Edit and finish 4:4:4 material.
1.If the default settings do not fit your needs, you can click “Settings” button to customize output video parameters like bitrate, channels, frame rate, etc, such as to set higher bitrate to get much better image quality. In general, the higher video bit rate, the larger output file size, and vice versa.
2. Edit Canon XC15 4K video files in the following aspects:
Cut video files to capture your favorite clips
Crop video files to remove the black edges around your movie video
Rotate video files 90 Degrees, 180 Degrees, etc
Adjust video image in brightness, contrast and saturation
Add watermark/subtitle to video files
Remove/Replace audio from video clips
Step 3. Start the conversion
Click the “Convert” icon under the preview window, and the Mac 4K to FCP X Converter will start transcoding XC15 4K footage to Prores MOV for FCP X on Mac. After the conversion, click the “Open” button to locate converted files, then load ProRes .MOV files in FCP (X). Now you can successfully and easily import Canon XC15 4K files to FCP X or FCP 6/7 or for editing with best quality.
Note: If you are also a FCP X user, before you try to do the conversion, don’t forget to make sure that you have installed the Apple ProRes Codec manually since the FCP X asks users to install it by themselves.
Import and Edit Sony A6300 4K XAVC S to Avid Media Composer
How to Import Canon EOS 5D Mark IV 4K Videos to Sony Vegas Pro/Movie Studio?
Tips for Importing and Editing Canon 5D Mark IV 4K MOV with Avid MC
Best Canon EOS 5D Mark IV 4K to DaVinci Resolve Workflow
Can Final Cut Pro X Edit DJI Phantom 4K video?
How to Upscale 1080P to 4K on Mac or Windows?
Play 4K XAVC on MX Player without stumble issues
How to Mirror 4K Movies to TV with Chromecast 2
Can 4K UHD Videos Be Played on iPad Pro?
How to Compress/Convert 4K Video for Editing with Windows Movie Maker?