Fix 4K movies and Roku 4 streaming issues
4K UHD is a resolution of 3840 x 2160, twice the horizontal and vertical resolution of 1080p HD. You can see more details and feel more real while watching videos with 4K UHD resolution. So, it’s definitely good news for fans of the Roku 3, the streaming set-top box company will likely roll out the Roku 4 within the next week and may include 4K streaming as a feature. Here what we’d like to show you is how to compress and play 4K movies on Roku 4, instead of how powerful the Roku 4 works.
Of course the new Roku 4 can play perfectly the UHD videos that are shot by HD cameras, and that are purchased or downloaded online. However, such video sources are comparatively rare and hard to find. In the same principle of RoKu 3 supported video formats, the new Roku 4 only supports a limited number of local media files like MP4 (H.264) & MKV (H.264) video / AAC & MP3 audio / JPG & PNG image). It indicates that you have to convert many mainstream and niche 4K videos to be Roku 4 compatible.
Convert 4K Videos for Roku 4 with 4K Video Converter for Mac
Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac (review) , as one of the best 4K video converters for Mac, is definitely your No.1 choice for compressing, converting or transcoding 4K videos for Roku 4, mainly working in the following ways:
1. Convert 4K videos on Mac: This 4K video converter, compatible with Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks, Yosemite and El Capitan (10.11), can run faultlessly on Mac for converting XAVC, MXF, MOV, H.265, BDMV, downloaded Youtube videos, MP4, Blu-ray video with 4K resolution.
2. Make any videos compatible with Roku 4: Any of your videos can be converted and made friendly with your Roku 4 general playable videos directly. Also you can make 4K movies watchable on iPhone 6S, Apple TV 4 and editable in Premiere Pro.
3. Compress 4K to 1080p: Watching 4K content requires a 25Mbps or faster downstream internet connection which is faster than most people have. Thus, watching online 4K movies on Roku 4 may be stutter. So you can compress 4K movies to 1080p and play them on Roku 4 offline.
If you also have a Windows OS PC, you can convert videos to be Roku 4 acceptable on the PC by use of Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate.
– Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/imedia-converter-mac/
– Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-iMedia-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177788.html
How do I get 4K movies stream to Roku 4?
1. Add 4K video files > Run the 4K Video Converter program and click “Add video” button to import 4K files. And you can add multiple files to save your time for this program supports batch conversion.
2. Choose output format > Click Format bar and choose H.264 MP4 from Common Video or HD Video, which can be recognized by Roku 4 well.
3. Start converting 4K movies > Finally, hit the “Start conversion” button at the bottom of the main interface to start the 4K to Roku 4 conversion.
Once the conversion finished, click Open to get the output videos. Afterwards, just transfer converted media files to USB flash drive or a digital device.
4. Play 4K movies on RoKu 4 > Connect a USB memory stick or USB cable of a digital device to the RoKu 4 USB port. Now you can play 4K movies and videos on Roku 4 for free.
More features of the 4K Video Converter:
a. Edit or clip 4K movies- Click “Edit” on the menu to trim, crop, add special effects to your source movies.
b. Advanced settings- With the right settings you can retain the quality of the original 4K moive while also saving space. This is particularly helpful when streaming over your network. Simply click Settings bar and you can tweak the settings to your satisfaction and even save it as preset.
Note: If you want to get original 4K resolution, just keep the video size as original or you can downscale 4K to 1080p for easier playback.
Have more questions about how to play 4K Videos on Roku 4 with 4K display, please feel free to contact us>> or leave a message at Facebook.