Play/Stream 4K movies on Windows 10
Four times as many pixels as 1080p, 4K (4096 x 2160 pixels) is becoming a popular and well-known resolution now. It produces a sharper and clearer picture and people are willing to enjoy this vivid picture with ease. However, not all computers can support the smooth playback of 4K video, not all players can perfectly play 4K video. Next i will share you how to play and stream 4K movies on Windows 10.
Part 1. How to Play 4K Movie Video on Windows 10 PC, Phone/Tablet
Let’s talk about how to play 4K movie video on Windows 10 PC, phone and tablet. It is true that you are allowed to watch 4K video on Win 10 OS with no need of 3-party player, but to play 4K (2160p) movie on Windows 10 without a hitch, there still are some points:
1. 4K Movie Resource: first download 4K movies on Windows 10 from YouTube, Vimeo, etc or get 4K streams from Netflix, Amazon, and so on. To play downloaded 4K video on Windows 10 phone and tablet, you may need a best Windows 10 video converter – Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate (Mac) to solve compatibility issues.
2. 4K Video Player: for the time being, 4K videos are only encoded in HEVC/H.265 codec and contained in MPEG and MKV media container. So the added support for HEVC/MKV really matters here for 4K video playback on Windows 10.
3. 4K Display: even if Windows 10 supports 4K, you still need a 4K screen, which has high enough pixels. Or you can stream downloaded 4K movie from Windows 10 PC to 4K TV for better watching. If not, the case would be:
* If you play a 4K video in full screen on Windows 10 PC with 1080p resolution, you will only see a quarter of the image.
* Or PC automatically zooms out from 4K to 1080p, which means you will play the 4K video on Windows 10, however, in 1080p resolution.
4. High-speed Internet and high-end PC sets will be bonus points.
If all is ready but you still cannot play 4K video on Windows 10, then there is the chance that the 4K video you download might be corrupted. Follow a tutorial to repair corrupted video files.
Part 2. How to Stream 4K Movies on Windows 10
Most wireless networks can’t keep up with streaming 1080p, from which you can tell to stream 4K video on Windows 10, you need a blazingly fast internet connection. But at least you can have a try, better using a free 4K video streamer for Windows 10. Here is an example for how to use AirPlay to stream 4K videos from Windows 10 to Apple TV.
Step 1: Free get 5KPlayer first and make sure your PC and Apple TV are connected to the same WiFi.
Step 2: Click “AirPlay” button on the top right corner and select Apple TV.
Step 3: Add your 4K video and that’s it. 4K movies streaming on Windows 10 begins.
Note: 4K videos, not in MP4, M4V or MOV format, cannot be streamed via AirPlay. Do a conversion first with best 4K video converter – Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate for Windows 10, if necessary.
Features of The best 4K video converter for Windows 10
- Compress and convert 4K to 1080p/720p with best quality
- Convert any 4K MOV, 4K MXF, 4K MTS, 4K XAVC, 4K XAVC S, 4K H.265 etc to media player, TV, portable devices,PS4/PS3/Xbox, NLE supported formats
- Basic video editing functions: split, merge, trim, crop, add watermark, adjust video effect, edit audio and insert subtitles.
- Batch conversion and super fast conversion speed
- Supports Windows (10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, etc)
Free Download and trail:
– Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/blu-ray-video-converter-ultimate/
– Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Ultimate/3000-2194_4-75938564.html
Plus: You can read review to learn more to help you.
Have more questions about how to play/stream 4K movies on Windows 10, please feel free to contact us>> or leave a message at Facebook .